Tuesday 24 April 2012

Little M's Review - Hitler's Angel

Hitler’s Angel by William Osborne


Hitler's Angel - William Osborne
Hitler’s Angel is about a girl (Leni) and a boy (Otto) who have been asked to go back to Germany and kidnap a girl (Angelika) to try and take down Hitler. The story starts in 1940. Angelika is on a small island in the middle of a lake. Otto and Leni have to try and get to the lake without the Nazis tracking them.

I really enjoyed the book.  It is a book that I have never really ever come across – the whole concept of the story where they have to try and kidnap a girl.

My favourite character was Leni. She was brave and I didn’t think a girl would be that brave. I thought only men went out and did missions during the war.

I would describe this book as a sad and daring adventure story. I cried in some parts but giggled in others.

I don’t think they should take this out but I didn’t like the part where Britain wanted a nine year old girl from Germany to destroy Hitler because her life would be wanted by Germany and Britain. I didn’t like this part because she was only nine year’s old and her life had only just started.

There was quite a bit of violence as you could guess (World War II).  There were gunshots and lots of guns and a teeny bit of gore.

I would recommend this book to readers who like stories about World War II, readers who like adventure and readers who like army type of things. It’s my type of book because I like things about the wars.


Publication details:
Chicken House, May 2012, Somerset, paperback


Our copy: ours, gifted from So Many Books So Little Time

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review. I will definitely look for this book - how could I not, and it sounds like a great adventure story, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Yes, definitely one for you, I think :). The front cover quotation is from Bear Grylls so I'm not suprised Little M found lots of adventure in it. It's due out in May.

      Delete
  2. This book was definitely a book i may have to read again in the future. I think lots of people will like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across this book the other day and I am really intrigued by its storyline - thanks Little M for another great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review Little M! I haven't come across this title before it sounds like a really interesting premis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great review! I loved this book but I have to say you'll be very surprised, Little M, about just how much women and girls did in the war… They were just as brave as the guys! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! We'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment. You need to fill out the word captcha too because of spam. Your comment will be visible after approval.