Thursday 26 September 2013

All Our Yesterdays - Cristin Terrill

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

Review by Little M



All Our Yesterdays by Cristin TerrillEm is in a cell and Finn is in one next to her. They haven't a clue if they will get out alive. But then she finds a piece of paper which says that she has been here before. It also says she must escape to save the world and kill the boy who she loved, the boy who is now known to them as the Doctor. Marina is a safe and very privileged girl who is falling in love with the genius James who lives next door. What she doesn't know is that her whole world will come crashing down very soon and it will destroy her life. Em has to travel back in time to save Marina and kill the boy Marina loves!

This is a time travel, action, adventure, sci-fi, romance novel and it reminds me a bit of The Tempest by Julie Cross because it involves time travel. However, I haven't read many time travel books yet so it may be very similar to some others.

I liked how All Our Yesterdays was written especially the way the author wrote it from two points of views in two different times.  I really enjoyed this novel at the beginning but towards the end events made me change my mind because I found it too predictable. I also didn’t really connect with the characters.

 
Publication Details: Bloomsbury, August 2013, London, paperback
This copy: uncorrected proof received for review from the publisher

 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that it was a little predictable and I didn;t connect with the characters too much either. I was so disappointed as it had so much hype!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! We'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment. You need to fill out the word captcha too because of spam. Your comment will be visible after approval.