Thursday 3 October 2013

Ketchup Clouds - Teen Book Club

In September, I (Little M) set up a teen book club at the local library. We had all read Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher, which The Reading Agency had sent us. At this event, we did not just talk about Ketchup Clouds but also had chips and t-sauce (ketchup). You can read mine and M's joint review from January here.

There were six of us. We all introduced ourselves (though most of us knew each other). Then we discussed the book. Overall, I think most people liked the book. Here are some of our comments:


Teen book club's thoughts on Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher
What our teen book club thought of Ketchup Clouds: it's written in the clouds!

"The way this book was written meant that you had to finish it because of the suspense and the connections you felt you had with the characters."
"I enjoyed the book and thought, considering it was written as letters, a style I normally dislike, the plot was good although slightly confusing. I found it quite enjoyable overall."
"I thought it was very good, perhaps a little predictable but it was hard to put down."
"Ketchup Clouds was very well written but I didn't like the feeling of guilt that was transmitted to the reader."
"It was well written but not my kind of book. I enjoyed reading it and I would recommend it to readers."
"It was well written and an interesting concept. I would definitely recommend it to others."
One comment has been withheld as it is a spoiler but it gives good feedback about the twists and turns in the novel.

It was really good fun even though we were a teeny bit too loud for the library (oops, sorry!). I can't wait for the next one, which is tomorrow! We will be discussing John Green's The Fault in Our Stars (also supplied by The Reading Agency).

*****
 
Read M & Little M's interview with Annabel Pitcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! We'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment. You need to fill out the word captcha too because of spam. Your comment will be visible after approval.